There are no easy answers and it makes for difficult times when your parents are no longer able to care for themselves; Mom needs help preparing meals, Dad seems to have lost all reasoning when it comes to his financing. Or as a result of an accident brother can no longer take care of himself. Maybe your minor child has just received an inheritance.

Is an incompetency proceeding necessary? Should a guardian be appointed? Are there documents already in place that address the needs? What can family and friends do legally, and how?  Are their less invasive means to lend assistance to the individual?

Ms. Sharp can provide legal and practical answers to these questions. In doing so, she can help identify viable alternatives that best address the current and future needs of the individual; help to create an appropriate and individualized plan; and assist in implementing that plan.  Whether that plan includes proceeding through a court process or not, Leslee is here to assist.